IRATA LEVEL 2
Duration: 30 hrs training over 4 days + one full day of assessment (5 days in total).
Dates: Monday to Friday, once a month.
Hours: 8 am – 4 pm.
Candidate to trainer ratio: six to one
Course cost: $1650 inc GST
LEVEL 2 TECHNICIAN
This is an experienced rope access Technician who is able to perform more complex tasks under the supervision of a Level 3 rope access safety supervisor.
- able to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required of Level 1;
- capable of more complex rigging, including re-belays, deviations and tensioned lines;
- able to undertake rescues from a variety of situations;
- able to assemble and implement hauling systems.
Candidates applying to upgrade shall be competent in all practical and theory requirements of their current level prior to attendance of an upgrade course e.g. an existing Level 1 attending a Level 2 course shall be capable of performing all Level 1 techniques and answering Level 1 theory questions prior to the start of a Level 2 course.
Candidates who are not competent at their existing level may require additional training. As little time is available on upgrade courses for refresher training, pre-course evaluation is recommended to verify the candidates’ current level of competence.
Candidates seeking to upgrade shall ensure that:
- their current certification is still valid on the day of assessment;
- they have the necessary 1 years’ experience and 1000 working hours recorded and signed off in their logbook.
Rope access Technicians who are upgrading or revalidating shall provide their logbooks to the IRATA International trainer member company at the start of the training course.
NOTE: For the avoidance of confusion, 1 year’s experience means a Technician is eligible for upgrade assessment on the calendar day one year and one day after their previous assessment. E.g. 1st April 2014 Level 1 assessment, 2nd April 2015 earliest possible L2 assessment